|Why Do This |
- Online listing and linking to your website, in as many locations as possible, will generate leads.
- Global searches are not practical when people want to find local resources.
- More people are discovering the advantages of using the "Local" versions of search engines.
- A Basic Listing on Local Yahoo is FREE.
|Step 1 - See Who's There |
- Go to http://local.yahoo.com
- Enter a search term, such as "financial planning" along with your city.
- Theaes are your local competitors
- The group at the top have paid for an enhanced listing at $9.95/month
- The other "Basic" listings are free.
|Step 2 - Your Yahoo ID |
- Apart from basic search, all of the many services that Yahoo offers require that you create your I.D. and Password.
- Most of you probably already have one.
- Yahoo will ask you to sign up for your I.D., if you don't already have one, as you access their services
- Remember your I.D. and password.
|Step 3 - Create Your Listing |
- Go to http://listings.local.yahoo.com
- Decide if you want Basic or Enhanced Listing.
- Click on the appropriate "Sign up" box.
- Yahoo will walk you through the process.
- Be sure to select up to 5 categories.
- Your position will appear in 3-5 business days.
|Additional Tips |
- Print out the "Thank you" page after completing the sign up, so you can add it to your files.
- Start a file called "Online Listings" so you have a record of your online marketing efforts.
- Study your competitors listings
- Be sure to go back and make edits if any of the information about your business changes.